A golf hitting net can help greatly improve the ability and skill of any golfer just like you and me at all levels.
We all know that to become great at the game we love we have to put in the hours of practice to keep our swing in the groove. But for some, this can be prohibitive with things like cost and work/life balance.
This is where a golf practice net comes into play and can really help, but how do you go about choosing the right one?
My name is Dan, I’m a keen golfer, and I created this site to highlight the best golf hitting nets on the market. This website features the best golf hitting net reviews, pictures and links to top quality indoor and outdoor golf practice nets.
Benefits of owning a golf hitting net
Available to use all year long! Look for a golf practice net that’s designed for use both indoors and outdoors. Most of the best nets can be used no matter what the weather conditions.
If you live in an area with hard winters or frequent rain a golf hitting net allows you to work on your game while keeping warm and dry. Using an indoor golf net can really help to lower your score as you can maintain a consistent practice routine.
The convenience of having a golf hitting net at home also acts as a time saver, no more heading to the local golf course from work! Queuing at the ball dispenser and waiting for a slot at the range is over.
Practice makes perfect
The cost benefit of owning your own golf hitting net can also outweigh those trips to the range where the buckets of balls seem to run out quicker and quicker every time! Yes there is an initial outlay for the golf practice net, and some are not cheap, but in the longer term the money savings can be big.
You will find a large variety of golf hitting nets available and your golf net should be a long term investment to use it regularly to improve your game.
The satisfaction of practicing with your own quality golf net that will stand the test of time is vital.
What To Look For In A Golf Hitting Net…
- Is There a Target? If Not, No Big Deal… but it can help to work on direction and trajectory if the golf hitting net has one included.
- Ease of set-up and take-down. You don’t want a bunch of separate parts to be putting together.
- Does it come with a golf hitting mat and rubber tee? Or do you need to get one separately? (Some golf hitting nets come with a mat and tee, but you may need to buy a golf mat as an extra)
- Strength of netting. This is obviously a major consideration if you are planning on ripping some drives into the net! Nylon golf hitting nets are proven to be the toughest…a polyeurothane golf net can tear…easily.
- Size of hitting area. Bigger is better obviously, but of course it all comes down to how much space you have to work with, and your tendency to hit shots way off line or not!
- Ease of storage/Portability. All the top models golf hitting nets feature easy storage. The best ones have carrying cases and are very portable as well.
- Price! Make sure to buy from somewhere like Amazon, and don’t go to the actual brand-name site, as they can be up do double the price in some cases.
Best selling golf practice nets
SOME HELPFUL TIPS FOR CHOOSING THE BEST GOLF HITTING NET
Golf hitting nets come in all shapes and sizes and quality, so selecting an appropriate one could be a daunting task. Below is a process to go through in deciding with golf hitting net to buy.
YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR
There are lots of cheap golf hitting nets on the market today, but as a first time purchase it is not recommended to go for the cheapest golf net. The old adage of you get what you pay for applies here. We know everybody wants to save some money whenever they can, but it may result in disappointment in the end.
FIGURE OUT YOUR NEEDS
To buy a golf hitting net, first you need to figure out your needs. Make a list of most important features you are expecting from your golf net, does it include a ball return for instance or is it portable. Consider what you want and what you don’t want in your golf net and make a list about it. These findings will help you in your selection. But, remember that you need not go far with the list, as number of options makes the selection procedure tough. You should only identify the important features you need.
TRY TO BUY YOUR GOLF HITTING NET ONLINE
It’s cheaper to buy golf hitting nets online. Retailers also sometimes offer free shipping, discounts and extras thrown in for free!
SET YOUR BUDGET
After figuring out your specific needs, you need to set a specific budget for your golf hitting net. So, while choosing the correct golf hitting net always keep the cost factor in mind. As the specifications and features increase the cost of the golf net also increases.
Enjoy and have fun working on your swing!